FebFiled in Kids Bedroom Ideas
Seen a lot of questions lately where two young siblings of opposite sexes are having to share a room and mom is struggling to come up with a bedroom theme that will work. The trick is to think about not just themes that cross genders, but where the circles between themes overlap. That Venn diagram thing. This could be the setting, it could be a common element, it could be pink and blue sides of the same coin. Here are a few ideas:
- Castle element that overlaps for princess and knight (or prince/king) oh, dont forget the dragons!
- Underwater setting that overlaps for sea creatures and mermaids
- Above water setting that overlaps for pirates and mermaids
- Stars element that overlaps for outer space and dreams
- Sky setting with airplanes for him, hot air balloons and rainbows for her
- OutdoorsForest and meadow he gets bears and deer, she gets butterflies and bunniesBackyard he gets a treehouse with a no girls sign, she gets a garden in full bloomFarm put the pigs and tractors on his side, the stable with the horses on hers
- Pets Dogs and snakes on his side, cats and rabbits on hers
- Book characters Do they both like Curious George? Babar? Clifford? Find a book they both love and build around that.
And dont forget that there are just some nicely gender-neutral themes to consider that usually just get changed around by color scheme. Work with a color scheme both children can agree to and then work in elements.
- Artist think crayons, paint brushes, palettes, bright colors
- Circus animals galore and a big top tent
- Jungle lots of green and great animals to work with
- Safari think brown prairie grasses, a watering hole and African animals
- Beach sand, water, sky colors mixed with bright surfboards and towels and swimsuits
- ABCs and 123s Work in any color and can be mixed with lots of other elements
More You Might Like
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission, probably enough to get a stick of gum. I generally only recommend products or services on this blog that I would use personally and believe you will find cool as well. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
Tags: sharing, toddler
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.