JulFiled in Nursery Ideas
Im a big fan of bright and cheery, as Im sure youve noticed if youve been following my inspiration boards generally on this blog. But theres a good reason for nurseries to be calm and soothing. How to do both?
One easy trick for making a room calmer (and way better for sleeping) is to do the walls dark. In this nursery, I went with dark gray to give a neutral and calm base to build the room on. (Totally inspired by someone elses gray nursery, I admit it!) We have punches of turquoise and green, even a little orange in there as well. And some great textures in there with the pouf and the lighting. And yes, you can combine brown and gray; definitely not a mix of neutrals you see often, though. As an accent for the art and decor, I went with owls and birds just for the cute factor.
Paint color: BEHR Premium Plus Ultra in Pencil Point
- Baby Mod Olivia 3-in-1 Baby Crib
- Jennifer Delonge Furniture Daddy Glider
- Baby Doodles Crib Set by Sumersault
- Olive Grommet Top Thermal Insulated Blackout Curtain
- Reflections Collection Natural Rug
- Six Big Birch Trees with Flying Birds Decals
- Knitted Graphite Pouf
- Blu Dot 6 Drawer Console
- Owl Figures Toikka Little Barn Owl, Miniature Owl Figurines Collection, Home Grown from Enesco Coconut Owl Figurine, White Ceramic Owl, Wide Eyed Owl Bookends
- olli lime Little Billie ABC Wall Art
- Modo Changing Table
- Owl Band Stretched Art by Dish and Spoon Keyboardist, Guitarist, Drummer, Crooner
- Basket Bee Hive Lamp
- Kenroy Home Dark Woven Wood Finish Shaker 3 Light Pendant
- Alpha Art by Design Ideas
- Bird Lights
More You Might Like
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission, probably enough to get a stick of gum. I generally only recommend products or services on this blog that I would use personally and believe you will find cool as well. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
Tags: birds, gray, nursery
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.