Little boys love trains, and nothing is more iconic than Lionel Trains. I was looking at some of the vintage tin signs that you can get with the Lionel brand and started thinking how to work them into a room. The cool thing with what Ive come up with is that nothing other than the artwork is specifically train. You could change the art out for baseballs or boats or stars and be good.
I like the idea of a yellow accent wall to put the bed up against, but I know not everyone is that brave. Generally, you could stick with plain white or the pale gray I used here.
As I was hunting for pieces, the main things I was looking for were black iron, red and blue large pieces and yellow accents. The train decal I choose is one of any number of train wall decals you can choose from. Oh, and dont forget to add in a few actual trains as decor pieces as well!
- Red & White Striped Quilt Bedding
- Blue Crosshatch Wool Grid Rug
- Fashion Bed Group Sanford Headboard in Matte Black Finish
- Legare Furniture Dresser in Navy and Red
- Train Wall Art Sticker
- Luella Table Lamps in Oil Rubbed Bronze
- Lionel Boy & Trains Embossed Tin Sign, Ande Rooney Lionel Trains Metal Sign, Ande Rooney Lionel Trains Metal Sign
- Woven Strap Shelf Basket
- Colorful Wire Floor Ball Bin
- Railroad Tin Sign-Lionel Engine Flag
- Brentwood Channel Stitch Yellow Pillow, Red Gingham Cotton Decorative Throw Pillow Cover, Contemporary Plaid Yellow Throw Pillow
More You Might Like
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission, probably enough to get a stick of gum. I generally only recommend products or services on this blog that I would use personally and believe you will find cool as well. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.