AprFiled in Boy Bedroom Ideas
Teen boys may not really need decorating ideas. They seem to think piles of laundry count as decorative groupings, right? But its fun to think about what a cool room for a teenager would look like. Well, I wanted to after I ran across the cool bedspread in this look.
So I started with the bedding set from Target on this one, which very narrowly defined the color scheme to black, gray and blue. Its also a little grunge in style, which certainly doesnt suggest Broyhill furniture. So I tried to stick with more industrial or modern style in the furniture I did pick out. My driving forces were the guitars on the bed and the color scheme. I went back and forth quite a bit on the rug found a nice gray one as well but finally decided that part of being a rock star is excess, right? Ha!
There are tons and tons and tons of guitar accessories to be had the tough part was finding the right color. But I did try to go with some that werent guitar specific to make it easier for them to work into a scheme change. Id finish this look off with posters of favorite bands for sure. My favorite touch is the LED string lights. You could hang them around the ceiling or block off part of the floor as the stage. Just a unique item to toss in the room.
Where to get it:
- Electric Rock Bedding Set at Target.com, $53.99 $62.99, free shipping
- Dalyn Rug Co. 4-Ever Young Navy Printed Kids Rug at CSNStores, $61.20 for 45? x 69? size, other sizes available, free shipping
- Teen Rock Wall Art, Concert Drums, Guitar, Microphone at Artistic Sensations, $48.50 each
- Flexible strip led lights at Amazon
- Blue Saphire Dots Wall Decals Stickers at Amazon
- Charcoal Soft Suede Luxe Bean Bag at Amazon (free shipping)
- Normande Lighting Rocket Accent Lamp at Amazon
- Guitar Switchplates at Amazon
- Cozy.Fresh.Fun Decorative Pillow at Kohls, $22.39
- JJ Cole Collections Hamper Solid Slate at Amazon
- Powell Teen Trends Nightstand at Amazon
- Gibson Guitar 10×10 Wall Clock at Amazon
More You Might Like
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission, probably enough to get a stick of gum. I generally only recommend products or services on this blog that I would use personally and believe you will find cool as well. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
Tags: blue, guitar, rockstar, teen
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.